ALEXâ„¢ Interactive Patient Simulator is the first Patient Communication Simulator (PCS).
ALEX is a Patient Simulator with speech recognition ability and is able to respond to clinical interview questions with answers that are related to the particular scenario. Alex is also the first Patient Simulator with a built-in HD camera. IrisCamâ„¢ streams low latency video from ALEXâ€™s right eye. This simulator is Cloud-connected and accessible from all your devices. No need for instructor workstations and access licenses!
Vital sounds are crystal clear in any stethoscope, and the Wireless SmartScopeâ„¢ plays realistic sounds driven by underskin location tags. ALEX speaks and understands English, French, and Spanish. The simulator learns new languages all the time so it can help train more learners located anywhere around the globe. Alex is affordable, which will help to make simulation universal.
- IrisCam: HD camera in the eye for patient point-of-view live streaming and debriefing
- Conversation activation up on touching shoulders: responding to hundreds of medical interview questions
- CPR with metrics of chest compression rate and depth automatically logged
- Breathing with chest rise in sync with set respiratory rate and depth
- Patient Monitor with direct control of HR, RR, SpO2, EtCO2, and TEMP to set target and transitions, with simulated waveforms
- Pulse sensation on touch (carotid x2, brachial x2, radial x2, and pedal x2)
- Female accessory kit (voice, torso overlay, genitalia, wig) sold separately: (101-7160)
- Airway: oral, digital, and nasal intubation, as well as other standard airway procedures
- Blood pressure measurement using the included wireless SmartCuffâ„¢ sensor
- Realistic lung/heart/bowel sounds using any stethoscope or headset with the included wireless SmartScopeâ„¢
- Height: 5 ft. 1 in. (1.55 m), weight: 45 lbs. (20 kg)
Software Capabilities (includes wifi tablet for simulator set up and use):
Real-Time Remote Simulation Control:
Adjust vitals, speech, and sounds using any internet-connected device. Collect checklist data. Watch live video.
Create new patients by customizing vitals, checklists, patient files, and all speech questions and responses. Share and collaborate with other ALEX users.
Search and review your past simulations with trend charts, logs, and checklists. Built-in video debriefing with the Plus and Pro versions.
Student access for patient file and vitals monitoring. Share full simulator control and patient scenario authoring with collaborators.
ALEX Lite includes manikin with all physiological features, preconfigured Wi-Fi® tablet, Web-based control, access sharing and content authoring, advanced speech features (250 questions/day), IrisCam live streaming, 60 days of simulation log archive, 1-year warranty, and 30-day Free Returns.
ALEX Plus includes All ALEX Lite features plus increased speech requests (1000 questions/day), IrisCam recording (1000 hours of sessions stored online), 365 days of simulation log archive, Enterprise API for accessing logs and physio events, 5-year warranty with pre-shipping.
ALEX Pro includes All ALEX Plus & ALEX Lite features and an unlimited number of speech requests, extended IrisCam recording (10,000 hours of sessions stored online), 5-years of simulation log archive, Enterprise API for accessing logs, events, and IrisCam video, 5-year warranty with pre-shipping.
Select which ALEX configuration and skin tone you want by using the dropdown windows above.
Alternate Part Number(s): 101-7130, 101-7140, 101-7150, 101-7130M, 101-7140M, 101-7150M