Blue Phantom™ Soft Tissue Biopsy Ultrasound Medical Training Block Model allows users to practice, teach, and develop the skills needed to be proficient in using ultrasound for imaging and surgical procedures. Using Blue Phantom's simulated human tissue, this extremely realistic and ultra-durable soft tissue biopsy ultrasound surgical training model is excellent for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound-guided fine needle biopsy procedures. These ultrasound imaging skills include using the ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of soft tissue masses as tumors found in superficial anatomical structures, using ultrasound system calculation packages, and using ultrasound to target the lesions for fine needle biopsy.
This medical ultrasound training phantom has been manufactured using Blue Phantom's patented ultra-durable tissue and is incredibly realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Blue Phantom soft tissue biopsy ultrasound phantoms feature a variety of masses that are hyperechoic, hypoechoic, and echolucent allowing users to gain experience by utilizing a wide range of lesions as they would experience in the typical clinical environment. Each model contains 16 masses in various sizes ranging from 4mm to 11mm which allows users to develop their skills starting with larger lesions and target smaller masses as their proficiency progresses.
This training model is ideal for new users as well as more experienced clinicians who are refining their procedural skills. The masses in this soft tissue biopsy model can be accessed with needles and fluid can be injected into the model to verify the needle tip location. Fluids are automatically expelled so that the model can be used repeatedly for training. It is recommended to use 18 - 21 gauge sharp, unbent needles during your training in order to maximize the self-healing and ultra-durable performance of the ultrasound training model. While you are able to perform core biopsies and actually remove tissue from the tumors in the model, do this knowing that each mass can only withstand core biopsy until the lesion is destroyed which will require that you then move on to another mass located in the training model.
This medical simulation trainer will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer (recommended ultrasound transducer; high-frequency linear array ultrasound probe 7.5 (15 MHz). CAE Healthcare's uncompromising quality allows clinicians to utilize the model and repeatedly practice the procedure without the high costs of replacing disposable parts. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including breast surgery, surgical training programs, endocrinology training programs, radiology training programs, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Gain imaging and procedural efficiencies using this extremely realistic soft tissue biopsy ultrasound training model
- The ultra-durable design saves you money
- Self-healing tissue
- Synthetic tissue will never dehydrate
- Excellent for developing and refining the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound-guided soft tissue biopsy procedures
- Contains a variety of masses that are hyperechoic, hypoechoic, and echolucent allowing users to gain experience utilizing a wide range of lesions as they would experience in the clinical environment
- Contains 16 masses of varying sizes - ranging from 4mm to 11mm - allowing users to develop their skills starting with larger lesions and target smaller masses as their skills progress
- Masses present randomly throughout the simulated human tissue
- Fluid can be injected into the model to verify needle tip location (automatically expelled)
- Convex surface contour offers a scanning environment similar to human body habitus
- Use with any ultrasound imaging system with the appropriate transducer
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- High quality
- Patented technology
- Made in the USA