The Blue Phantom™ Pediatric Ultrasound Central Line and Regional Anesthesia Training Model is an extremely realistic central line and nerve block simulator. Using the innovative LifeCast™ simulation process, the model provides the most realistic external landmarks while the internal anatomy is based on digital human files of a 6-year-old child. This ultra-durable manikin includes all of the anatomy needed to gain proficiency in using ultrasound for pediatric central line placement and peripheral nerve blocks. This model is perfect for both ultrasound-guided and blind insertion central line procedural training. The durable self-healing tissue withstands tremendous use, minimizing the need for replacement parts. Blue Phantom allows clinicians to practice, learn, and teach central line and regional anesthesia procedures repeatedly without worrying about the cost per use. Users can perform complete central line placements of the internal jugular and subclavian vein including needles, guidewires, dilation, and threading of catheters.
Blue Phantom's simulated tissue, SimulexUS™, matches the acoustic properties of human tissue, which gives clinicians an extremely realistic training experience. Use your facility's ultrasound system without having to adjust the ultrasound system controls unrealistically. No computer simulation or software is necessary. Each of our training models has been designed to offer users of all levels superior realism, reliability, and durability.
The Pediatric Regional Anesthesia Central Line Model offers anatomically correct brachial plexus and vascular access anatomy of the upper thorax and neck. This next-generation ultrasound manikin contains improved anatomy for nerve blocks including the supraclavicular nerves, interscalene nerves, infraclavicular nerves, and enhanced access of the posterior interscalene nerve block approach. Vascular access anatomy includes the internal jugular vein (IJ), brachiocephalic vein, subclavian vein, axillary vein, carotid artery, subclavian artery, and axillary artery. The model can be accessed via the internal jugular (IJ), subclavian, infraclavicular, and supraclavicular approach as well as the axillary vein. The simulated superior vena cava, right atrium, and right ventricle offer users the ability to fully thread guidewires, dilators, and catheters without resistance just as you would expect with a live patient. This pediatric central line simulator also includes internal landmarks such as the trachea, suprasternal notch, manubrium, and clavicle. This model is excellent in utilizing traditional external landmarks for blind insertion central line placement or using ultrasound to guide the central venous access procedure. The brachial plexus can be injected with simulated anesthetics to verify needle tip location and to practice the entire anesthesia procedure. Injected simulated anesthetics are expelled allowing for repeated use.
Arterial pulsation can be simulated via the manual hand bulb to differentiate between arteries and veins via ultrasound. Users can also add the optional fully integrated automated pump system for additional ease. Vessel identification is made easy by an immediate positive fluid flow of the vein versus artery. The venous system is prefilled with blue fluid and the arterial system is prefilled with red fluid. Users can positively identify the targeted vessels and receive immediate feedback as to successful or unsuccessful vascular access. Refill venous and arterial fluid removed during central venous catheter procedures by using the provided QuickFill™ ports or an IV bag to continually refill the vessels during training.
- Pediatric upper torso ultrasound central line and regional anesthesia mannequin
- Extremely realistic external and internal anatomy for ultrasound guided or blind insertion training on a 6-year-old patient
- Excellent for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound-guided central line placement training
- Superb imaging characteristics optimize your training; simulated tissue matches the acoustic properties of real human tissue
- For use with any ultrasound system, no computer simulation or software is necessary
- Self-healing tissue offers users tremendous durability – minimizing the need for replacement parts and providing a low cost of ownership
- Veins are compressible using mild pressure while the arteries remain uncompressed
- Arterial pulsations simulated using provided hand bulb or optional integrated automated pumping system
- Positive fluid flow in the vessels; model is prefilled with red fluid in the arteries and blue fluid in the veins
- Easy to refill vessels with ultrasound refill solution using QuickFill ports
- Excellent imaging quality using any ultrasound system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Purchase includes 2 bottles of simulated blood refill solution; one red (arterial), one blue (venous). 235mls each bottle
- Soft storage included
- Weight 8 pounds
- Dimensions: 13 x 7 x 16 (L x W x H inches)
- Made in the USA
- Regional anesthesia anatomy includes: supraclavicular nerves, interscalene nerves, infraclavicular nerves and enhanced access of the posterior interscalene nerve block approach
- The brachial plexus can be injected with simulated anesthetics to verify needle tip location and to practice the entire anesthesia procedure
- Injected simulated anesthetics are expelled allowing for repeated use
- Venous anatomy includes: internal jugular vein (IJ), brachiocephalic vein, subclavian vein, and axillary vein
- Arterial anatomy includes: carotid artery, subclavian artery, and axillary artery
- Simulated superior vena cava, right atrium, and right ventricle allows clinicians to fully thread guidewires and catheters without resistance
- Internal landmarks for superior realism include the trachea, manubrium, and clavicle
Alternate Part Number(s):