The Blue Phantomâ„¢ COVID-19 Lung Simulator is a model for Point of Care Ultrasound training when dealing with COVID-19. This model is ideal for training clinicians in the techniques associated with lung ultrasound.
Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) for Lung imaging is being implemented internationally to deal with treatment options for COVID patients.
Blue Phantom's COVID-19 Lung Simulator replicates the acoustic properties of human tissue, allowing clinicians to practice and develop the ultrasound imaging skills necessary to diagnose the key findings consistent with COVID-19 cases. Ultrasound imaging skills include using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning, and navigation between intercostal space(s), and recognition of thoracic anatomy.
Anatomy includes Lung, Chest Wall, Ribs (1-5), and Diaphragm. Pathological landmarks present in the Blue Phantom Lung model are Pulmonary Oedema, thickened Pleural Lining, diffused bilateral B-Lines, Lung sliding, Sub Pleural Consolidation, and skip lesions.
As the user scans inferior on the ultrasound task trainer, the Covid-19 disease findings become more progressive. 1st intercostal space represents ultrasound findings associated with a healthy individual: Thin, Regular Pleural lining, and A Lines. The 2nd and 3rd intercostal space(s) depict B lines, Thick and irregular Pleural lining. The 4th intercostal space illustrates Covid-19 consolidation and lesions.
As the access to CT and X-ray imaging modalities decrease due to the overwhelming increase of patients, POCUS and Ultrasound imaging modality is being leveraged to minimize exposure to hospital staff and infrastructure.
This ultrasound training manikin is manufactured using Blue Phantomâ„¢'s patented ultra-durable tissue and is remarkably realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self-healing tissue can withstand tremendous use and will dramatically reduce the cost and the necessity for purchasing replacement parts. This manikin is constructed using Blue Phantom simulated tissue which matches the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue, so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment.
CAE Healthcare's Blue Phantom's COVID-19 Lung Simulator will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer. This ultrasound training model is perfect for medical specialties including emergency medicine, critical care medicine, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Lung sliding powered by an automated pump
- Extremely realistic external landmarks and ultrasound anatomy of Lung
- Excellent for training physicians in psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound: knobology training, didactic skills, acquiring ultrasound images, and sanitation guidelines to limit exposure
- Optimize your training with superb image quality; simulated tissue matches the acoustic properties of real human tissue
- Anatomically correct: includes Chest wall, Ribs, Lung, Pleural Lining
- Ultrasound Anatomy includes: Ribs, Rib Shadow, A lines, B lines, Thickened and irregular Pleural Lining and Consolidation
- The disease progresses as the user scans inferior
- Excellent image quality using any ultrasound system
- No special storage needed
- Patented technology
- Made in the USA
Weight: 16 pounds
Dimensions: (LXWXH): 33cm X 33 cm X 23 cm ; 13in X 13in X 9 in