safeHands Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizer 1.75 oz Bottle - Clean Linen - 24/Pack. safeHands alcohol-free hand sanitizer formula works synergistically to achieve a comprehensive barrier of protection against germs. Their patented formula includes a unique skin conditioner that promotes extended protection against germs. safeHands is an acceptable replacement to hand washing due to an FDA approved active ingredient, benzalkonium chloride (BZK) that possesses significant microbe killing power while moisturizing the skin.
Some advantages to switching to alcohol-free sanitizers:
- Alcohol has a skin drying effect that may prevent staff adherence to hand sanitizer compliance policies.
- Alcohol sanitizers are highly flammable Class 1B combustible liquids.
- OSHA regulations and local fire codes may require special considerations when using and storing
- alcohol sanitizers.
- The CDC has issued ingestion alerts for alcohol sanitizers due to child, patient, and resident safety concerns.
- Most alcohol-based hand sanitizers have expiration dates of less than two years.
- Food safety workers are required to rinse after using alcohol-based sanitizers. The presence of water, food, fatty materials, feces, or blood on hands can significantly reduce the effectiveness of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Some sanitizers contain FDA-banned ingredients such as formaldehyde and triclosan.