The PALS Instructor Manual eBook provides information for teaching the PALS Course on an initial or update basis, including classroom-based and blended-learning options.
The PALS Instructor Manual eBook has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC. The AHA PALS Instructor Manual eBook contains all the information for teaching the PALS course on an initial or update basis, including classroom-based and blended-learning options. The PALS Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
This course uses pre-course preparation, didactic instruction, and active participation in learning stations and simulated cases to enhance the recognition and intervention of respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest.
Please note: because this tool is electronic, there are no separate supplementary tools (e.g., cards, checklist); instead, all information is accessible electronically.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing- the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management
Content cannot be printed.
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30amâ€“5:30pm CST Mondayâ€“Friday. If order is placed Friday after 5pm CST, codes will be emailed Monday morning.