This product is non-returnable, non-refundable. Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours of orders placed between 730am-530pm CST Monday-Friday. If an order is placed on Friday after 5 pm CST, the code will be emailed Monday morning.
AHA 2020 Heartsaver® CPR AED Online Key Code (Student Product For Blended Learning). This item is the online segment of the Heartsaver® CPR AED course when taken in a blended-learning format. Upon completion of the online portion, students participate in a hands-on session featuring skills practice and testing. Upon successful completion of both the online and hands-on portions, including skills practice and testing with a certified American Heart Association BLS or Heartsaver Instructor, the student is qualified for a Heartsaver CPR AED provider course card.
The online program includes audio, video, and interactive activities. PC and Mac® compatible. Please include an e-mail address when ordering. The access key and instructions on how to log in and register for the course will be e-mailed to you, usually within 1 business day. NOTE: You must purchase one online access key for each student trained. This product is not eligible for the standard 30-day return policy. (Note: Instructors must purchase the standard Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor materials to teach the blended-learning hands-on session.) The online portion can be completed in approximately 2 hours.
This course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize when someone needs CPR
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (child and infant AED modules are optional)
- describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Upon successful completion of the course, including a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card that is valid for two years.
Key Features and Benefits
Heartsaver CPR AED Online is the online portion of the Heartsaver CPR AED course when taken in a blended-learning format. It uses a variety of audio and video segments to teach students Heartsaver CPR AED knowledge and skills. After completing the online portion, students attend an Instructor-led hands-on session that focuses on meaningful skills practice and testing.