Now in stock!!!
This product is non-returnable, non-refundable. Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours of orders placed between 730am-530pm CST Monday-Friday. If an order is placed on Friday after 5 pm CST, the code will be emailed Monday morning.
HeartCode® PALS Online is the online portion of PALS blended learning that will prepare students for a hands-on skills session with an AHA PALS Instructor or on a simulation station. This course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC.
HeartCode® PALS is the AHAâ€™s blended learning delivery method for the AHAâ€™s PALS Course. The blended learning delivers quality resuscitation education regardless of where providers are located and gives them more control to complete the course at their own pace. Providers first complete the online portion of HeartCode® PALS and then complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA PALS Instructor or on a simulation station. To enter the course, participants must complete a pre-course self-assessment.
The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing- the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30amâ€“5:30pm CST Mondayâ€“Friday. If an order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, the codes will be emailed Monday morning.