This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills. It has been designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
After completing the course students receive a course completion card valid for 2 years.